You are sad. You may be wondering if this is normal or if you are clinically depressed. I suggest you take the following simple test to help you answer this question.
Over the past few weeks or more, have you experienced: Yes No
1. Overwhelming feeling of sadness lasting for much of the day ______ ______
2. Lack of interest in activities you usually like/enjoy ______ ______
3. Change in eating habits and either weight gain or loss ______ ______
4. Sleeping too much or not enough ______ ______
5. Restlessness ______ ______
6. Fatigue; loss of energy ______ ______
7. Feelings of excessive guilt; worthlessness ______ ______
8. Difficulty thinking, concentrating; indecisiveness ______ ______
9. Frequent and ongoing thoughts of death ______ ______
10. Do these cause problems in personal, job, social functioning? _______ ________
If you answered yes to at least 5 or more, you may be suffering from clinical depression. It may be mild, moderate or severe, depending on the number and the severity of your symptoms.
Therapy can help!!!